Robinswood Hill Country park
Robinswood Hill is a hill and country park to the south of the city centre of Gloucester, close to the Stroud Road - A4173. It rises to 650 ft.
It was originally one of the main sources of water to the city. The springs rising on Robin's Wood Hill were used by Gloucester Abbey in the 13th century. Reservoirs were built by the Gloucester Water Company in 1837/8 and taken over by the city in 1855. Robinswood Hill ceased to provide water supply in 1924 but the reservoirs remained in use for storage until 1946: they have now been backfilled to provide car parks and a countryside centre for the thousands of visitors that use the hill for recreation and inspiration.
The park also holds the Rare Breeds Centre which is also open for the visitors of the hill.
It is home to much wildlife and affords spectacular views of the surrounding area including other hills of Gloucester, the Cotswolds, Malvern Hills, May Hill and on a clear day the Severn Bridges.
The country park itself covers 250 acres and has a number of sites, a dry-ski slope and a rare-breeds farm to enjoy.
Robinswood Hill country park
Telephone: 01452 303206